From the moment our youngest students step on campus, we encourage them to explore and connect with our community, fostering their innate sense of curiosity through environment and relationships with their teachers and peers.
The St. Anne's School Program for Young Children (Twos through Prekindergarten) has been inspired by the educational approach of the renowned Preschool programs in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Named by Newsweek magazine as "one of the 10 best school systems in the world," the Reggio-inspired approach addresses the development of the whole child, emphasizes family and societal influences, a small student-teacher ratio, and close collaboration among administrators and teachers.
- Addresses social, academic, emotional, and physical development;
- Emphasizes family and societal influences;
- Works in a small student-teacher ratio; and
- Encourages close collaboration among administrators and teachers.
Click on a Program below to learn more.
In our Program for Young Children, toddlers are introduced to learning and inspired to explore their gifts through art, music, science, writing, thinking, collaborating, questioning, building, leading and speaking. Our loving and attentive teachers work in partnership with families to ensure that each child has a rewarding start to their journey of learning.
Children in our Annapolis Twos Program can attend a full day (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or half day (9 a.m. to noon), and three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) or five days a week (Monday through Friday), with the option for Extended Care.
From the organization of our day to the special touches our teachers and assistant teachers use to help each child feel known, valued, and included, our Preschool Program provides the nurturing setting that is the foundation for sound academic learning for students. As a result, our young learners gain the courage to embrace new routines, experiences and academic challenges.
- Children in our Preschool Program can attend a full day (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or half day (9 a.m. to noon)
- Preschool students can attend three (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), or five days a week (Monday through Friday)
- Extended Care is available for Preschool students
Our Prekindergarten Program continues to enhance the educational journey for our students by building upon our mission of intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development, Engaging teacher-facilitated activities promote cognitive learning, personal growth and development, social learning, language and literacy learning, and gross/fine motor development in our learners.
- Prekindergarten students can attend a Full Day (8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or Half Day (8:15 a.m. to noon)
- Prekindergarten students attend five days a week (Monday through Friday).
- Extended Care is available for Prekindergarten students.