Updated October 29, 2019
In order to include all of the school community in the process of identifying the desired qualities of the next Head of School, Dr. Brooke Carroll of Acies Strategies conducted a series of listening sessions at our school. These group sessions were held with faculty, parents, students, administrators, and Board Members. Individual sessions were also held with current Head of School, Lisa Nagel. In conjunction with those sessions, Dr. Carroll toured the St. Anne’s School of Annapolis campus to experience firsthand our welcoming and vibrant community and provided training for both the Search Committee and our Board of Trustees on the head of school search process.
For those of you who were unable to attend listening sessions in person or via conference call with Dr. Carroll, please provide your input in Acies’ confidential community survey listed that was emailed to all families. If you did not receive the survey, please contact the school.
Head of School Search Calendar:
- Summer 2019: School leaders worked with Dr. Brooke Carroll of Acies Strategies to create a job description that was posted on a variety of sites at the start of the school year.
- September: Listening Sessions conducted by Dr. Carroll were held with faculty, parents, students, administrators, Lisa Nagel, and our Board of Trustees. Training was provided to the Search Committee and the Board of Trustees on the search process. Early applications were received and reviewed by Dr. Carroll and the Search Committee.
- October: Position Profile finalized and made available to candidates. Applications due by October 15. Video interviews start for qualified applicants.
- November/December: Search Committee and Dr. Carroll complete initial interviews and select participants to move forward to the next round. Semifinalist interviews held and finalists selected for onsite interviews. Advisory committee established. Transition planning begins.
- December/January: Finalists visit the school and interview with different committees and members of the school community. Board to vote on and negotiate a contract with the selected candidate. Transition planning ongoing. Official announcement of new Head of School.
What is the timeline?
The goal of the Search Committee is to have a finalist for a new Head of School by January 2020 for the Board of Trustees to select.
What is the role of the Search Committee?
The Board of Trustees appointed the Search Committee, which is a subcommittee of the Board of Trustees, to work with Dr. Brooke Carroll of Acies Strategies to review applicants for the Head of School position. The Search Committee will conduct interviews and select finalists to meet with a wider group of administration, faculty, staff, parents, and students, and ultimately advise the Board of Trustees on its recommendation for selection.
Who makes the final decision?
The Board of Trustees is responsible for hiring the new Head of School for St. Anne’s School. During the search process, the Search Committee and Dr. Carroll will seek input from the entire community, but the final decision to hire a new Head of School will be made by the Board.
We thank you for your continued support and input in our Head of School search.
The Head of School Search Committee
St. Anne’s School of Annapolis is an equal opportunity employer. St. Anne’s School of Annapolis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical disability or national origin in admissions, employment, or educational policies. We value diversity and embrace the fundamental Episcopal belief in dignity for each human being. We are committed to helping our school community understand and appreciate human differences and similarities.