St. Anne’s School of Annapolis is accepting resumes for anticipated openings in each of our school programs in the fall. St. Anne’s School is a two-year-old through Eighth Grade, co-educational, independent Episcopal school located in scenic Annapolis, Maryland. Annapolis is a lively, historic seaport city within close proximity to Washington D. C. and Baltimore.
Our school is distinguished as a leader in progressive, inquiry-based academic education, rooted in an intentional social-emotional learning program. Explore our website to learn details about particular grade levels and disciplines. Our program typically draws energetic and flexible lifelong learners who are reflective about their teaching practices and find great value in collaborating and growing as teachers, mentors, and leaders. We are celebrated for our dynamic sense of community, our ability to be responsive and nimble as education itself transforms in this century, and for our commitment to cutting-edge practices in teaching and learning.
Approach and Methodologies
The strength of the school’s challenging academic program is based in our intentional social-emotional learning program, recognizing as central to our work key understandings about child development and brain development. We employ the tenets of the Responsive Classroom and Developmental Designs holistically. Our core curricular approach is based on central-subject studies, the project approach and Reggio Inspired approach to learning, a balanced literacy/humanities workshop approach, robust foreign language instruction, and a rigorous, conceptual mathematics program. We are committed to vibrant arts, lab based science and engineering, thoughtful use of technology, and the relevance of mindful physical, nature-based, and outdoor education. We enjoy a strong commitment to service learning. As an Episcopal school, we promote and explore inclusive perspectives and embrace a commitment to anti-bias curriculum and diversity education in our teaching and learning practices.
Our teachers enjoy a supportive, collegial environment. St. Anne’s School values a commitment to research-based education. Our school has launched the I3 Collaborative: Inspire, Inquire, and Innovate, offering opportunities for private-public school relationship building locally and globally.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability or national origin in admissions, employment or educational policies. We value diversity and embrace the fundamental Episcopal belief in the dignity of each human being. We are committed to helping our school community understand and appreciate human differences and similarities.
Assistant Head for Enrollment Management and Strategy
St. Anne’s School of Annapolis seeks an Assistant Head for Enrollment Management and Strategy. As the board and school implements a newly launched strategic plan, 2020 Vision, the Assistant Head for Enrollment Management and Strategy will lead the office of admission, focus on guiding strategy, and achieving objectives key to the success of the school’s 2020 Vision. Reporting to the Head of School, the Assistant Head for Enrollment and Strategy will:
- Supervise and evaluate a team that includes out-sourced marketing/communication services and staff assigned to coordinate or assist with admission, marketing, or internal communication.
- Act as a highly visible leader in the school community; represent the Head of School at school, community, or board meetings and events as necessary; serve as the Head’s designee when called upon to do so.
- Serve as a thought partner with the Head of School and the Marketing and Enrollment Committee of the Board, collaborating with the Assistant Head for Finance, Advancement, and Outreach and the Administrative Team.
- Achieve enrollment goals set in partnership with the Board of Trustees and Head of School, providing goal recommendations supported by contextual and historical data. Analyze data and identify trends that affect enrollment outcomes, providing meaningful reporting to the Head of School and Board of Trustees to inform decision-making.
- Develop and lead a strategic recruitment/re-recruitment, marketing, and communication plan to reach targeted audiences, articulating practices from inquiry through yield.
- Maintain a personal touch while maximizing use of data, guiding strategy and tactics to expand the school’s funnel, improve its yield, and maximize its market share.
- Formulate and execute forward-thinking, strategic admission and enrollment policies and practices that will attract, engage, yield, and retain mission-appropriate families.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Head for Finance, Advancement, and Operations to review and develop strategic initiatives related to tuition modeling, tuition assistance and scholarship, policy drafting and implementation, and work with individual families.
- Identify, engage, and guide enthusiastic parent ambassadors who volunteer in the school’s Parent Engagement Program, to improve continuously the school’s position in the market.
- Serve as lead, public agent of the school, communicating enthusiastically and effectively the school mission, strategic initiatives, and program educational goals to prospective parents. Cultivate and maintain relationships with current families, staff, faculty, board members, and identified community constituents
- Develop, lead, and speak publicly at events. Liaison with pertinent committees of the board. Serve as staff liaison with the Parents Association; cultivate volunteers.
- Respond to accreditation questions related to key initiatives of 2020 Vision and the responsibilities of the role and department.
- Engage in strategic partnerships designed to increase enrollment and visibility throughout the Annapolis region, working with the Advancement Coordinator and Assistant Head for Finance, Advancement, and Operations.
- Abide by principles of good practice, as put forth by NAIS.
- A warm collaborative nature, a high level of energy and creativity, a sense of humor, and flexibility
- Outstanding judgment, discretion, and maturity
- Superior skills in communication and technology, including outstanding writing and public speaking skills as well as a proven ability with work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong background in education and a knowledge of marketing strategies, outreach, or strategic initiatives in private schools, including experience with brand management
- Experience analyzing statistics and data trends
- A deep investment in St. Anne’s School’s mission and a strong understanding of independent school culture
Interested candidates: please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.