An education from St. Anne’s School of Annapolis carries weight, especially when it comes to high school placement. The most competitive high schools seek out our graduates because they have a reputation of making a school’s community stronger. Our graduates stand out as being model citizens with the confidence and ability to successfully manage rigorous academics and the autonomy to take on greater personal responsibility in high school.
We make choosing the right school a collaborative effort between school and home. Parents value the support and direction we provide throughout this pivotal time in their child’s life. And, because of our holistic approach to educating the learner, we really get to know every student’s unique personality and individual strengths. As a result, we are able to guide each student toward a high school that will continue to challenge them academically, inspire their interests, and encourage them to be impactful within the community.
Our graduates leave St. Anne’s School with a strong sense of who they are and what they can accomplish. They journey into their future with excitement and confidence.
Here’s how we do it:
- Our Upper School Placement Director, with support from the Head of Middle School, begin guiding parents and students in the high school selection process in the Seventh Grade.
- Key transition and informative meetings are held for both parents and students in the fall, winter and spring of the Seventh Grade year to help launch the high school search and support families in the beginning stages of this selection process.
- In the spring, we host our annual Upper School Fair, exclusively for Seventh Grade students and parents, to meet with admission representatives from area private day and boarding schools as well as select public high school programs, to gather information, and to ask questions.
- Parents meet with the Upper School Placement Director all along the journey to discuss options, review programs and seek guidance as needed.
- At the start of the Eighth Grade year, parents are invited to attend a high school preparation meeting where specific details are provided to help support the application process to high schools.
- As a part of the Eighth Grade course schedule, students attend an Eighth Grade Seminar class during the first trimester that focuses on the details of the application process, such as: interviewing skills, essay writing tips, and continued research on high schools of interest. The St. Anne’s School administration and faculty participate in mock interview practice during the fall of the Eighth Grade year to help students prepare for interviews.
- Throughout the entire process, the Upper School Placement Director is in personal contact with each student, family and the respective admission directors.
High School Acceptances:
St. Anne’s School of Annapolis is proud of the accomplishments of our alumni. The acceptances continue to come in year after year from top private and public high schools in the area seeking our distinguished students. Take a look at where our graduates have chosen to continue their educational, spiritual, and social journey.
High School Acceptances (1999 to present)
Academy of Health Sciences at Prince Georges Community College - Largo, MD
The Academy of the Holy Cross - Kensington, MD
Aerospace Engineering and Aviation Technology at Duvall High School, Lanham, MD
American International School of Bucharest – Bucharest, Romania
Annapolis Area Christian School – Annapolis, MD
Anne Arundel County International Baccalaureate Program
Anne Arundel County Performing and Visual Arts (PVA) Program
Anne Arundel County Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Program
Archbishop Spalding High School – Severn, MD
Barrie Prep, Silver Spring, MD
The Beddow College Preparatory School, Accokeek, MD
Bishop Ireton High School - Alexandria, VA
Bishop McNamara High School – Forestville, MD
Bowie Summit Scholars Program, Bowie MD
The Boys Latin School of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
The Bryn Mawr School – Baltimore, MD
Bullis School - Potomac, MD
The Calverton School – Huntingtown, MD
Charles Herbert Flowers High School Science and Tech Program, Springdale, MD
Chesapeake Science Point Charter School, Hanover, MD
Christchurch School – Christchurch, VA
The Covenant School – Charlottesville, VA
Dana Hall School – Wellesley, MA
DeMatha Catholic High School – Hyattsville, MD
Edmund Burke School, Washington, D.C.
Eleanor Roosevelt High School Science and Technology Program, Greenbelt, MD
Elizabeth Seton High School – Bladensburg, MD
Episcopal High School – Alexandria, VA
Friends School of Baltimore – Baltimore, MD
Garrison Forest School – Owings Mills, MD
Georgetown Day School – Washington, D.C.
Georgetown Preparatory School – North Bethesda, MD
Gilman School – Baltimore, MD
Gonzaga College High School – Washington, D.C.
Glenelg Country School, Ellicott City, MD
The Grier School – Tyrone, PA
The Gunston School – Centreville, MD
The Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, Connecticut
Holton-Arms School – Bethesda, MD
Indian Creek School – Crownsville, MD
Institute of Notre Dame – Baltimore, MD
The Key School – Annapolis, MD
Lake Highland Prep School – Orlando, FL
Landon School – Bethesda, MD
Loyola Blakefield – Towson, MD
Lutheran South Academy – Houston, TX
Madeira School – McLean, VA
McDonogh School – Owings Mills, MD
Mercersburg Academy, Mercersburg, PA
Mount De Sales Academy, Catonsville, MD
Mount Saint Joseph’s High School – Catonsville, MD
New Mexico Military Academy – Roswell, NM
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School – Olney, MD
Portsmouth Abbey School, Portsmouth, RI
Proctor Academy - Andover, NH
Queen Anne School – Upper Marlboro, MD
Ravenscroft School, Raleigh, NC
Sandy Spring Friends School – Olney, MD
Saint James School – Hagerstown, MD
St. Alban’s School – Washington, D.C.
St. Andrew’s School – Middletown, DE
St. Anselm’s Abbey School – Washington, D.C.
St. Frances Academy – Baltimore, MD
St. John's College High School – Washington, D.C.
St. Mary’s High School – Annapolis, MD
St. Margaret’s School – Tappahannock, VA
St. Paul’s School – Brooklandville, MD
Sts. Peter & Paul High School – Easton, MD
St. Timothy’s School – Stevenson, MD
St. Vincent Pallotti High School – Laurel, MD
Seton Keogh High School – Baltimore, MD
Severn School – Severna Park, MD
Sidwell Friends School – Washington, D.C.
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart – Bethesda, MD
Tabor Academy – Marion, MA
West Nottingham Academy, Colora, MD
Windermere Preparatory School – Windermere, FL